Pay Per Click advertising, also known as PPC or Google Adwords, is one of the best and fastest way to generate leads for your business. When creating a strategic and properly managed campaign, you can create an ongoing pipeline of prospects and customers for your business.
Why should you make PPC part of your online marketing strategy?
- Pay Per Click ads show up for more relevant searches, which bring more qualified leads
- You control your ad budget spend
- Allows you to show up as often as possible where your customers are looking
- You only pay when someone clicks on your ad
- You don’t have to wait for an organic SEO strategy to kick in
- It's scalable - you can turn up your campaign ad spend once you have it set up and running well
Take note - I am not trying to undermine an organic SEO strategy, which is very important. However, it’s important to hit your marketing from all angles so you can dominate the search engine results page where your customers are looking:
- top of the page - PPC ads
- organic search results - SEO
- local map listings - Google business listing
- showing up on directory sites - citation management
In order for Google to keep showing the most relevant results and keep people using Google as their preferred search engine, they have to always serve the most relevant results. It is a mistake to just think of Adwords as a bidding war by trying to bid more for your keywords then the competition.
Google serves up ads based on a Quality Score. Yes your ads are rated and given a score based on these factors: (from WordStream)
- Your click-through rate (CTR).
- The relevance of each keyword to its ad group.
- Landing page quality and relevance.
- The relevance of your ad text.
- Your historical AdWords account performance
Can't You Do This All Yourself?
As a business owner, you probably don’t have time to learn about or implement Adwords yourself. We know that you are focusing on sales, management, and building customer relationships.
Anyone can run an Adwords campaign, however it’s easy to run through your ad budget if it’s not set up correctly. It's understandable that you want to be in control of all aspects of your business, but you also need to be strategic as a business owner and know when to leave certain things to an experienced professional.
Knowing how to set up conversion tracking, setting goals for your campaign, linking it to your Google analytics account, setting up call tracking and form tracking takes skill and expertise. Keeping an eye on your ad campaigns, tweaking it, and analyzing the data is an important part of making sure your Adwords marketing strategy is effective.
Implementing a PPC ad strategy for your business can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Contact us to learn more about how Pay Per Click can help you achieve your business goals.